Each Dance Parade hundreds of photographers love to come and capture the magic found when 100 unique styles of dance and cultures are all presented in the same place. They love the energy, movement and color found among ancient cultures and highly ambitious artists. For each category, Dance Parade and DanceFest, we will award 3 winners with a cash prizes, $200 for first, $100 for second and a coffee mug for 3rd.
Entries must be digital in color or can be black and white. If participating in the contest we would like to use your photos for our promotional purposes to present the parade as an art parade and also a participatory experience. Therefore we will need to request you to sign off on using your photos and will credit the photographers whenever appropriate.
1. Choose your best shots – Select among your photos to upload up to 10 photos for Dance Parade and up to 10 photos for DanceFest.
2. Identify – Name your Photos with your legal name and category “jane_doe_parade_1.jpg”, “jane_doe_festival_2.jpg” and if possible include the artist name “jane_doe_parade_baryshnikov_white_oak_1.jpg”
3. Upload – Photos should be high resolution 300dpi between 2MB and 5MB. It would be helpful to us as well if you could also upload low resolution photos so that we can post the best entries into our website’s photo gallery.
Deadline for Entry & Uploads – May 31st, 2022
4. Jury Review – A jury of at least 5 members from the Dance Parade Steering Committee will review each photo and assign a number from 1 (least) to 10 (best). First stage highly scored photos may appear on our Facebook @danceparadenyc, Twitter @danceparadenyc or Instagram @danceparadenyc pages for social media feedback. The top 5 Photographers with the highest score will then be selected in a semi-finalist review period and the committee will re-evaluate and re-score. This selection process will last one week.
5. Announcement – The winner will be announced June 7th.
Thank you and good luck!
Advertencia: COVID-19 es una enfermedad extremadamente contagiosa que puede provocar una enfermedad grave y la muerte. Existe un riesgo inherente y elevado de exposición al COVID-19 en cualquier lugar público o lugar donde haya personas presentes y no hay garantía, expresa o implícita, de que los asistentes a un evento de Dance Parade no estarán expuestos al COVID-19. De acuerdo con las recomendaciones actuales del Centro Federal para el Control y las Enfermedades, recomendamos (pero no exigimos) que todos los participantes mayores de cinco años estén completamente vacunados para poder asistir a nuestros eventos.
Continuaremos monitoreando el impacto de la pandemia de COVID-19 en la salud y trabajando con las agencias municipales, estatales y federales para ajustar esta política según sea necesario.
RETURN TO THE STREETS:
We’re thrilled to return to the streets to produce New York City’s largest dance event live in-person! After two challenging years of the pandemic causing us to do our programs online, Dance Parade is pleased to create this 2021 Year-End campaign to raise critical funds for dance education. Beginning November 30, 2022 our campaign seeks to raise funds to enable Teaching Artists to bring the gift of dance to over two dozen schools and community centers. Won’t you join us in this global day of giving?
DANCE IN SCHOOLS: This year our $25,000 campaign on Facebook will help Dance Parade fund 10-week dance education programs that serves these schools as well as free classes in three languages:
- iSchool (9th Grade) Chelsea, Manhattan
- PS. 347, School of Humanities (Middle School), Bushwick, Brooklyn
- PS. 86K The Irvington Elementary School, Brooklyn
- PS. X114 Luis Llorens Torres School Elementary School, Bronx
- PS. 112Q Dutch Kills Elementary School, Queens
- International Charter School of New York (Middle School), Brooklyn
- PS. 56, The Lewis Latimer Elementary School, Brooklyn
- Fort Hamilton Senior Recreation Center, Brooklyn
- PS. 272 Curtis Estabrook Elementary School, Canarsie, Queens
- PS. X537 Bronx Arena High School, Bronx
- PS. X114 Luis Llorens Torres Elementary School, Bronx
- PS 023 the New Children’s School (Elementary), Bronx
- University Neighborhood High School, LES, Manhattan
- PS. 34 Franklin D Roosevelt School, East Village, Manhattan
- Virtual Classes in Spanish, Mandarin Chinese and Japanese
STARS ON BROADWAY: Kids will end their programs with participation in the 16th Annual Dance Parade and then showcase their work on stage at DanceFest after the parade! For many, this will be an experience of a lifetime as most of these kids have never appeared on stage. Our 2022 theme Back to the Streets was chosen by the NYC Dance Community and celebrates the return to our outdoor signature event scheduled for Saturday May 21, 2022.
YOUR PERKS AS A DONOR: 100% of your contribution will go to the artists and means so much to us and we are grateful for every donation, no matter how small!
$50+ Donors receive a tax exempt receipt letter in order to deduct their donations from their taxes
$100+ Donors receive above AND a commemorative Back to the Streets refrigerator magnet; Sponsor a Dance Organization of your choice in the 16th Annual Dance Parade May 21, 2022
$150+ Donors receive all of above AND a personalized Back to the Streets Coffee Mug and a ticket to Dance Parade’s Grandstand in Astor Plaza
$250+ Donors receive all of above AND get a “Back to the Streets” Tshirt, Complimentary admission to all Dance Parade events: Launch Party, Grandstand in Astor Plaza and After Party and will Sponsor a Diversity Workshop in a New York City public school.Not into FB these days?
HOW TO DONATE:
Click on this button and use your credit card through our secure website:
455 FDR Drive, Suite B104, New York, NY 10002
Thank you so much for your support!