Each Dance Parade hundreds of photographers love to come and capture the magic found when 100 unique styles of dance and cultures are all presented in the same place. They love the energy, movement and color found among ancient cultures and highly ambitious artists. For each category, Dance Parade and DanceFest, we will award 3 winners with a cash prizes, $200 for first, $100 for second and a coffee mug for 3rd.
Entries must be digital in color or can be black and white. If participating in the contest we would like to use your photos for our promotional purposes to present the parade as an art parade and also a participatory experience. Therefore we will need to request you to sign off on using your photos and will credit the photographers whenever appropriate.
1. Choose your best shots – Select among your photos to upload up to 10 photos for Dance Parade and up to 10 photos for DanceFest.
2. Identify – Name your Photos with your legal name and category “jane_doe_parade_1.jpg”, “jane_doe_festival_2.jpg” and if possible include the artist name “jane_doe_parade_baryshnikov_white_oak_1.jpg”
3. Upload – Photos should be high resolution 300dpi between 2MB and 5MB. It would be helpful to us as well if you could also upload low resolution photos so that we can post the best entries into our website’s photo gallery.
Deadline for Entry & Uploads – May 31st, 2022
4. Jury Review – A jury of at least 5 members from the Dance Parade Steering Committee will review each photo and assign a number from 1 (least) to 10 (best). First stage highly scored photos may appear on our Facebook @danceparadenyc, Twitter @danceparadenyc or Instagram @danceparadenyc pages for social media feedback. The top 5 Photographers with the highest score will then be selected in a semi-finalist review period and the committee will re-evaluate and re-score. This selection process will last one week.
5. Announcement – The winner will be announced June 7th.
Thank you and good luck!
Warning: COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. There is an inherent and elevated risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place or place where people are present and there is no guarantee, expressed or implied, that those attending a Dance Parade event will not be exposed to COVID-19. As per current Federal Center for Disease and Control recommendations, we recommend (but do not require) all participants over the age of five to be fully vaccinated in order to attend our events.
Continuaremos monitoreando el impacto de la pandemia de COVID-19 en la salud y trabajando con las agencias municipales, estatales y federales para ajustar esta política según sea necesario.