Warning: COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. There is an inherent and elevated risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place or place where people are present and there is no guarantee, express or implied, that those attending a Dance Parade event will not be exposed to COVID-19.
For all events, all participants will be required to show evidence of their full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to entering the event. “Full vaccination” means 14 days or more following the final dose of a US FDA approved or WHO recognized vaccine against COVID-19 (e.g., Moderna, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca/SK Bioscience, Serum Institute of India/COVISHIELD and Vaxzevria, Sinopharm, and Sinovac).
Acceptable documentation is as follows:
• A photo or hard copy of their CDC vaccination card
• NYC COVID Safe App
• New York State Excelsior App
• Official vaccine record
• A photo or hard copy of an official vaccination record of a vaccine administered outside the United States for one of the following vaccines: AstraZeneca/SK Bioscience, Serum Institute of India/COVISHIELD and Vaxzevria, Sinopharm, or Sinovac.
Children under 12 or people with a medical condition or closely held religious belief that prevents vaccination must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
Specifically regarding our Community Engagement (Education) programs that take place in schools, community centers or at special events, we follow the venue’s policy where the program takes place.
Specifically regarding the Dance Parade and Festival, all volunteers, vendors and parade group coordinators will be required to show proof of vaccination along with a governement issued photo id prior to being given a pass for participation. Each Group Coordinator must in turn attest that they have checked the proof of vaccination and corresponding photo ID of all the participants in group.
Please arrive to our events early, as entry lines may be longer than usual. We will continue to monitor the health impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and working with city, state and federal agencies to adjust this policy as needed.
RETURN TO THE STREETS:
We’re thrilled to return to the streets to produce New York City’s largest dance event live in-person! After two challenging years of the pandemic causing us to do our programs online, Dance Parade is pleased to create this 2021 Year-End campaign to raise critical funds for dance education. Beginning November 30, 2022 our campaign seeks to raise funds to enable Teaching Artists to bring the gift of dance to over two dozen schools and community centers. Won’t you join us in this global day of giving?
DANCE IN SCHOOLS: This year our $13,000 campaign on Facebook will help Dance Parade fund 10-week dance education programs that serves these schools as well as free classes in three languages:
- iSchool (9th Grade) Chelsea, Manhattan
- PS. 347, School of Humanities (Middle School), Bushwick, Brooklyn
- PS. 86K The Irvington Elementary School, Brooklyn
- PS. X114 Luis Llorens Torres School Elementary School, Bronx
- PS. 112Q Dutch Kills Elementary School, Queens
- International Charter School of New York (Middle School), Brooklyn
- PS. 56, The Lewis Latimer Elementary School, Brooklyn
- Fort Hamilton Senior Recreation Center, Brooklyn
- PS. 272 Curtis Estabrook Elementary School, Canarsie, Queens
- PS. X537 Bronx Arena High School, Bronx
- PS. X114 Luis Llorens Torres Elementary School, Bronx
- University Neighborhood High School, LES, Manhattan
- PS. 34 Franklin D Roosevelt School, East Village, Manhattan
- Virtual Classes in Spanish, Mandarin Chinese and Japanese
STARS ON BROADWAY: Kids will end their programs with participation in the 16th Annual Dance Parade and then showcase their work on stage at DanceFest after the parade! For many, this will be an experience of a lifetime as most of these kids have never appeared on stage. Our 2022 theme Back to the Streets was chosen by the NYC Dance Community and celebrates the return to our outdoor signature event scheduled for Saturday May 21, 2022.
3:1 MATCH: To help reach our goals, Facebook and Dance Parade’s seven Board Members are offering a 3 to 1 matching donation. For every dollar donated to our campaign your donation will reflect triple the impact!
YOUR PERKS AS A DONOR: 100% of your contribution will go to the artists and means so much to us and we are grateful for every donation, no matter how small!
$50+ Donors receive a tax exempt receipt letter in order to deduct their donations from their taxes
$100+ Donors receive above AND a commemorative Back to the Streets refrigerator magnet; Sponsor a Dance Organization of your choice in the 16th Annual Dance Parade May 21, 2022
$150+ Donors receive all of above AND a personalized Back to the Streets Coffee Mug and a ticket to Dance Parade’s Grandstand in Astor Plaza
$250+ Donors receive all of above AND get a “Back to the Streets” Tshirt, Complimentary admission to all Dance Parade events: Launch Party, Grandstand in Astor Plaza and After Party and will Sponsor a Diversity Workshop in a New York City public school.Not into FB these days?
HOW TO DONATE: Click on this button and use your credit card on our Facebook Campaign:
Not on Facebook? Click the below link and donate today:
455 FDR Drive, Suite B104, New York, NY 10002
Thank you so much for your support!