Dance Parade Inc es una organización no gubernamental 501(c)3 que presenta más de 100 estilos únicos de baile.
Dance Parade promueve la danza a través de la celebración de la diversidad al presentar tantas formas de danza como sea posible. Creemos que la actuación en vivo tiene el potencial de despertar un espíritu humano comunitario y ayuda a construir una sociedad más equitativa y vibrante.
Job Description: Public Relations Intern - Dance Parade NY
Job Title: Public Relations Intern
Event Date: Saturday, May 18, 2024
Job Type: Part-Time, Contract
Location: New York City, NY
Summary: Dance Parade New York is seeking a Public Relations Intern for the Winter & Spring of 2024. You will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the dynamic field of public relations while helping to publicize and promte New York City's biggest dance event. This internship is designed to provide exposure to various aspects of PR, including media relations, content creation, event coordination, and strategic communication. The ideal candidate is a motivated and creative individual with strong communication skills and a passion for storytelling.
1. Media Relations:
- Assist in developing and maintaining media lists.
- Draft press releases, pitches, and other media materials.
- Foster relationships with journalists and media outlets.
- Monitor media coverage and compile press clippings.
2. Event Coordination and Public Affairs:
a) Assist in planning and executing PR events such as
(1) the Taste of Dance Parade Showcase on March 8th, 2024 at Dixon Place in the Lower East Side
(2) Legalize Dance Night at the National Arts Club April 9 in Gramercy Park South
(3) the 18th Annual Dance Parade Press Conference Wednesday May 15, 2024 at 11:30am on the steps of City Hall in Manhattan.
(4) The 18th Annual Dance Parade and Festival, 17th & 5th Avenue 10am, Grandstand in Astor Place (noon)
b) Coordinate logistics, invitations, and on-site support.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Loves dance and spreading joy in the streets
- Basic understanding of PR principles and practices.
- Creative thinker with a proactive approach.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneous
- Gain valuable experience in the field of public relations.
- $250 Stipend after Dance Parade New York on May 18th - Complimentary access to all Dance Parade New York events
- Real world experience with a Manhattan Parade and respected non-profit organization
- Collaborate with a dynamic and experienced PR team.
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals.
- Letter of recommendation from Dance Parade New York
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant writing samples to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is January 5th 2024. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Dance Parade New York is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our team members, volunteers, interns and contractors.