- This event has passed.
Parade Group Coordinators Meeting
April 28 @ 1:00 pm - 2:15 pmFree
With just a few weeks ahead of the city’s biggest and best dance event ever, we’d like to invite you to this in-person meeting to go over logistics for participation in the 13th Annual Dance Parade and Festival Saturday May 18th.
We will cover:
- How to maximize exposure to your dance organization
- How to dance in the parade (do’s and don’ts)
- The need to register individual dancers in your group: https://danceparade.org/individual-registration
- How to use (and not abuse) amplified sound in the parade.
- New in 2019: $250 Sound Pod Rentals! http://www.danceparade.org/sound-pods
- Vehicles and Floats (last chance to order a pre-packaged float April 30th: email firstname.lastname@example.org and put specs through at www.danceparade.org/floats
- DanceFest Participation (deadlines have passed for participating)
This meeting is for registered groups and if you have been to a PGC meeting there is no need to attend once again as the material covered will be the same. If you have not registered, please do so here: https://danceparade.org/dance-in-the-parade. This page also has useful videos and information about parade logistics.
Only one or two Parade Group Coordinators should attend. If you cannot attend, we strongly recommend that you review all the videos and maps under Parade Logistics on our Dance In the Parade Page.
After the meeting: Join us 2:30-5pm to poster & flyer the East Village followed by a circle up– Win a pair of tickets to the hit musical The Prom on Broadway. Also 1st round of drinks on us!
Not in NYC: Join us by Google Hangout!
Thank you for being apart of this MOVEMENT OF THE PEOPLE!