JOIN OUR YEAR END CAMPAIGN: Dance Parade is pleased to create this 2022 Year-End campaign to raise critical funds for dance education. Beginning Tuesday November 29, 2022 our campaign seeks to raise funds to enable Teaching Artists to bring the gift of dance to over two dozen schools and community centers. We believe that dance can awaken the human spirit and help create a more vibrant and equitable society.
Won’t you join us in this global day of giving? Our Board of Directors along with Facebook have generously committed to tripling every dollar donated, expanding what we can do as a community that loves dance.
DANCING THROUGH NYC: This season our $20,000 campaign will help Dance Parade create 10-week dance education programs that will benefit over 1,500 participants in schools and community centers.
- NYC iSchool (9th Grade) Chelsea, Manhattan
- PS. 347, School of Humanities (Middle School), Bushwick, Brooklyn
- PS. 86K The Irvington Elementary School, Brooklyn
- PS. X114 Luis Llorens Torres School Elementary School, Bronx
- PS. 112Q Dutch Kills Elementary School, Queens
- International Charter School of New York (Middle School), Brooklyn
- PS. 56, The Lewis Latimer Elementary School, Brooklyn
- Fort Hamilton Senior Recreation Center, Brooklyn
- PS. X537 Bronx Arena High School, Bronx
- PS 023 the New Children’s School (Elementary), Bronx
- University Neighborhood High School, LES, Manhattan
- PS. 34 Franklin D Roosevelt School, East Village, Manhattan
- Ft Greene Park, Brooklyn
- Virtual Classes in Spanish, Mandarin Chinese and Japanese
GRAND FINALE: Students will end their programs with participation in the 17th Annual Dance Parade Saturday, May 20, 2023 and then showcase their work on stage at DanceFest after the parade! For many, this will be an experience of a lifetime as most of these kids have never appeared on stage.
BEYOND THE ZONE: Our 2023 theme, “Beyond the Zone” reflects a “flow state” to remind us that we need to effortlessly move through difficult times as well as acknowledges New York City Mayor Eric Adam’s “City of Yes” campaign to reform antiquated Zoning laws related to dance. Updating Zoning ordinances in New York City follows the 2017 repeal of the NYC Cabaret License law that restricted dance to a small number of venues licensed for dance. Come Saturday, May 20, 2023, 10,000 dancers will dance Beyond the Zone in New York City’s largest dance event by showcasing over 100 unique cultures and dance styles.
YOUR PERKS AS A DONOR: 100% of your contribution will go to the artists and means so much to us and we are grateful for every donation, no matter how small!
$50+ Donors receive a tax exempt receipt letter in order to deduct their donations from their taxes
$100+ Donors receive above AND a commemorative Beyond the Zone refrigerator magnet; Sponsor a Dance Organization of your choice in the 17th Annual Dance Parade May 20, 2023
$150+ Donors receive all of above AND a personalized Beyond the Zone Coffee Mug and a ticket to Dance Parade’s Grandstand
$250+ Donors receive all of the above AND get a “Beyond the Zone” Tshirt, Complimentary admission to all Dance Parade events: Launch Party, Grandstand and After Party and will Sponsor a Diversity Workshop in a New York City public school.
HOW TO DONATE:
Join our #GivingTuesday Campaign November 29th on Facebook:
455 FDR Drive, Suite B104, New York, NY 10002
Thank you so much for your support!