- This event has passed.
Press Conference at City Hall
May 15 @ 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIGHLIGHTS TO EXPECT AT THIS YEAR’S 13TH ANNUAL DANCE PARADE AND DANCEFEST
WHO: 2019 Grand Marshals Baayork Lee, and Louis Mofsie, as well Dance Parade New York organizers – Greg Miller, Janelle Issis, Jamila Holman, dancers, dance groups, supporters and volunteers.
WHAT: Rally on the steps of City Hall where the City’s “Nightlife Mayor”, Ariel Palitz, (Senior Executive Director NYC Office of Nightlife Mayors Office of Media and Entertainment) will read a proclamation from Mayor de Blasio, making Saturday May 18th, “Dance Parade Day”. plus highlights about this year’s 13th Annual Dance Parade and DanceFest with some of the over 10,000 dancers that will appear at the free street parade and dance festival. Details on the Native American Dance Circle, floats, free dance lessons. In addition, at City Hall today, there will be dance exhibitions by the PS 124 Theatre Club, under the artistic direction of Tony Award winning Baayork Lee, performing a section of “Let It Go” from their spring musical, Frozen Kids and the CATS Dance Company and School performing Contemporary Ballet.
Plus dance performances:
- The PS 124 Theatre Club, under the artistic direction of Tony Award winning Baayork Lee, is to perform a section of “Let It Go” from their spring musical, Frozen Kids
- Talara Kristin Ruth, Artistic Director of CATS Dance Company and School, and her performers (Contemporary Ballet)
- Jerron Herman will be representing Heidi Latsky Dance (Modern Dance)
- Kid Glyde (Victor Alicea), coach of the Dynamic Kids and president of the KBL-Kids Breaking
League (Break Dance)
- Martha Zarate-Alvarez artistic director of Mazarte Dance Company Inc. (Mexican Folkloric)
- Svetlana Batrak of Kaleidoscope Folk Dance Club (Slavik)
- Jiali Wang, Founder and Artistic Director of 7MPR Themed Cultural Dance Collective (Classical Chinese Folk Dance)
- Louis Mofsie of the Thunderbird American Indian Dancers (Native American)
- Avni Garg of StuyNach (Bhangra / Indian Folk Dance)
- Yan Zhuang of YZ Performing Arts Center (Rhythmic Gymnastic Ribbon Dance)
- Rysa Childress of All Star Studios NYC (Contemporary Jazz/Hip-Hop)
- Performers from Xochipilli Dance Ensemble (Mexican Folkloric)
- Karen Kriegel, Artistic Director and Choreographer of World Dance Initiative (Korean)
- Nia Leary of Dwana Smallwood Performing Arts Centern (Afro-Fusion)
- and Many More Dancers and Performing Artists
WHERE: New York City Hall steps
WHEN: May 15, 2019
TIME: 2:00pm – 2:30pm
(Please meet half hour before to allow time for security screening)
About The Dance Parade: Dance Parade New York is an entity of Dance Parade Inc, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose charitable mission is to promote dance as an expressive and unifying art form, while educating the public about opportunities to experience dance. The organization celebrates diversity by showcasing all forms of dance around the world through sponsorship of a yearly, citywide Dance Parade and Dance Festival.
For our Media Kit including high-resolution photos and more
information about Dance Parade and our Education programs please visit https://danceparade.org/media-kit-press-releases/
Click image to download pdf of poster