Volunteering can be a lot of hard work, but the rewards can be great – increasing your professional standing and visibility, improving your knowledge base, strengthening professional and personal friendships, and the satisfaction of helping the Dance Community.
As a volunteer with Dance Parade New York you must agree to the following:
1.) Further DP’s Mission: Dance Parade, Inc. (DP) exists to promote dance as an expressive and unifying art form by showcasing all forms of dance, educating the general public about the opportunities to experience dance, and celebrating diversity of dance by sponsoring a yearly city-wide dance parade and dance festival.
2.) DP’s Values: Achieving our mission requires great people who are bright, creative, energetic and with these values:
* Integrity and honesty
* Team players
* Promoting innovation
* Willingness to take on big challenges and see them through
* Embracing others’ differences with respect
* Delivering excellence
* Selfless, positive attitude, committed to personal excellence
* Passion about Dance and enhancing the lives of people in our communities
* Accountable for commitments, results, and quality to DP performers, sponsors, government and staff
* Communicating openly and often
3) Fairness & Anti-abuse policy: We do not tolerate physical, sexual, emotional or verbal abuse or misconduct of any kind or making abusive statements in regard to a person's race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sex or age.
4.) Be a Volunteer: Unless you are offered a contract as independent contractor, your work for DP is on an “at will” volunteer basis without expectation of financial gain.
5) Be Available: DP recognizes the needs of staff to attend to personal and job matters however, committee members agree to participate in meetings and conference calls to the best of their ability, and to be available by email and by phone.
6) Actively participate in planning and preparation.
7) Confidentiality: I understand that some of the information I receive as a DP volunteer may be of a sensitive nature. I agree not to share any such information with any and all third parties outside of DP.
8) Allow Ownership of created materials to stay with DP: Any and all worldwide intellectual property rights in any creations and/ or contributions I perform as a volunteer of DP shall belong to DP and be considered a “work made for hire” under U.S. law, with DP as the sole and exclusive owner of all rights, title and interest thereof. All information and contacts gathered by DP staff is to be shared appropriately to DP staff. All images and artwork created as a volunteer is to be stored in a central location for multiple personnel use.
This Agreement shall go into effect upon applicant's submission and remain in effect as long as member is a volunteer of DP. A member’s failure to adhere to these responsibilities can result in his or her dismissal from the team.