Dance Parade invites members of the Press to join 50 vibrant diverse and passionate dancers who will represent over 6000 dancers registered in the parade May 19th. An announcement to TV, radio and print media will include the reading of the City of New York’s Mayoral Proclamation making May 19th “Dance Parade Day”, an overview of the history and mission to inspire the public with 75 styles of dance, the organization’s Community Kinect program and testimony from those involved.
The Steps Of City Hall (entrance on Broadway)
Monday, May 14th
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Confirmed Speakers included are:
- Greg Miller, Dance Parade Executive Director speaking on the mission & history of Dance Parade.
- Nikki Creary, Dance Parade Production Director presenting the 5/19 Parade and Festival lineup.
- Dance Parade Board Chair Erik Slavin
- Shireen Dickson – Announces Dance Parade’s Community Kinect program. Three of Dance Parade’s teaching artists (Dhoonya Dance, Jamaican Dancehall Aerobics and Broadway Bodies) will be on hand to descirbe their 5 week residences in partnership with the NYC Parks & Recreation Department. Over 100 youth from various Recreation Centers will celebrate the end of their 5 week program by participating in the parade and presenting their work on stage at the post-parade DanceFestival.
- The Community Kinect Program features: Dhoonya Dance, Indian Bhangra, Broadway Bodies, Dance Theater and Jamaican Dancehall Aerobics
- The Sixth Annual Dance Parade on Saturday has 4 Grand Marshals. Today, we will introduce Elisa Monte.
- Jamie Hannigan, Director of Stage Stars and participant in past 6 years of dance parade speaking on why she loves dance parade
- Mary Silverstein, Pink Tutu Ballet
- JuxtapOle, Arial Rosalis, Flamenco Dancers
- Jimena Martinez, co-founder of Cumbe Center for African & Diaspora Dance — speaking on how Dance Parade helps emerging dance studios
- Paul Nagle, Executive Director at the Cultural Strategy Initiative, speaking on how Dance Parade sustains and grows Community