In September, Mayor de Blasio announced that for calendar year 2015, with your IDNYC Card you are eligible for a one-year free membership package at 33 of the City’s leading cultural institutions, including world class museums, performing arts centers, concert halls, botanical gardens, and zoos in all five boroughs. These membership packages are comparable to each institution’s standard one-year membership package and will give IDNYC card holders a range of benefits including free or discounted admission, and access to special events, and to museum shops and neighborhood businesses.
The offer will be available to all IDNYC cardholders through December 31, 2015. The membership term will be for one-year from the date the individual signs up with a participating cultural institution. This free membership package will not be available to existing members of a participating institution or individuals whose membership has lapsed since January 1, 2012. However, existing or recently lapsed members of a given institution can use their IDNYC to obtain free membership at all other participating institutions. Some institutions may not offer memberships to cardholders under the age of 18.
Below are the benefits that ID NYC offers:
Bronx County Historical Society
The Bronx County Historical Society was founded in 1955 to preserve the heritage of this thriving community. The Society administers the colonial era Valentine-Varian House, The Bronx County Archives, and Poe Cottage, the final home of America’s great 19th century poet and author, Edgar Allan Poe.Educational programs allow people of all ages to explore firsthand the history of the borough by becoming active participants in the discovery and preservation of the past and present.
Bronx County Historical Society History Buff Membership:
- Free admission to the Museum of Bronx History at the Valentine Varian Historic House and Edgar Allan Poe Cottage at Poe Park for one year for a family of four
- Subscription to The Bronx Historian Newsletter for one year
- Subscription to The Bronx County Historical Society Journal
- Free admission to special member exhibition preview events
- Advance notice of new publications
Bronx Museum of the Arts
The Bronx Museum of the Arts is an internationally recognized cultural destination that presents innovative contemporary art exhibitions and education programs and is committed to promoting cross-cultural dialogues for diverse audiences. Since its founding in 1971, the Museum has played a vital role in the Bronx. The Bronx Museum Permanent Collection is composed of over 1,000 artworks encompassing all media. including major pieces by artists of historical significance, including Vito Acconci, Alvin Baltrop, Elizabeth Catlett, Juan Downey, Öyvind Fahlström, Raphael Montañez Ortiz, and Martin Wong.
Bronx Museum of the Arts Membership Benefits:
- 20% discount at the Museum Shop
- Early announcement for special programs
- Invitations to preview events
- VIP seating at select Museum programs such as Bronx Stories, and priority registration at Family Affair
- Invitations quarterly to a member-only special event
New York Botanical Garden
The New York Botanical Garden is an iconic living museum and, since its founding in 1891, has served as an oasis in this busy metropolis. As a National Historic Landmark, this 250-acre site’s verdant landscape supports over one million living plants in extensive collections. Each year 900,000 visitors enjoy the Garden not only for its remarkable diversity of tropical, temperate, and desert flora, but also for programming that ranges from drop in activities at the Family Garden, to a weekly Green Market and the Bronx Day festival on Daffodil Hill.
New York Botanical Garden Community Grounds Membership for an Individual or Family:
- Family (2 adults & up to 2 Children under age 12)
- Provides year-round admission to the Garden grounds – 250 acres of some of the most beautiful natural terrain of any botanical garden in the world, including the Bronx River and a 50-acre remnant of the forest that once covered New York City.
- Garden grounds includes access to over 40 specialty gardens and historic collections including the Family Garden, Azalea Garden, Rose Garden, Native Plant Garden, Home Gardening Center, Perennial Garden, Herb Garden, the Conifer Arboretum and Seasonal Walk, just to name a few.
- Exclusive monthly e-newsletter, seasonal calendar of events, and other Garden communications.
Wave Hill is a 28-acre public garden and cultural center in the Bronx overlooking the Hudson River and Palisades. Its mission is to celebrate the artistry and legacy of its gardens and landscapes, to preserve its magnificent views, and to explore human connections to the natural world through programs in horticulture, education and the arts.
Wave Hill Membership Benefits:
- Unlimited free admission for one adult
- Free weekday onsite parking in January, February and March
- 10% discounts in The Shop and The Café
- Invitation to the annual Members’ Picnic and Members Night: Winter’s Eve at Wave Hill
- Special Members-only day trips and tours
- Exclusive Members-only pre-sale for concerts and other special events
- Discounts on concerts, lectures and workshops
- Members-Only sales in The Shop at Wave Hill
- Invitations to exhibition openings and receptions
- Free admission to the summer Sunset Wednesdays concert series
- Quarterly newsletter by mail and monthly eNews updates
- Reciprocal admission benefits at nearly 300 gardens across the country
Wildlife Conservation Society / Bronx Zoo
The Wildlife Conservation Society saves wildlife and wild places worldwide through science, global conservation, education and the management of the world’s largest system of urban wildlife parks, led by the flagship Bronx Zoo. As the world’s largest urban zoo, the Bronx Zoo features more than 600 species from around the globe.
Use your IDNYC card to join WCS, at the Bronx Zoo, and you will be entitled to:
- Free general admission for one adult to the Bronx Zoo, New York Aquarium, Central Park Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo and Queens Zoo
- 10% discount at select gift shops and restaurants at the Bronx Zoo, New York Aquarium and Central Park Zoo
- Discounts on Education programs and courses
- Invitations to Members’ Evenings
- Free e-newsletters
*enrollment is ONLY available at the Bronx Zoo.
Brooklyn Academy of Music
BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) is a multi-arts center located in Brooklyn, New York. For more than 150 years, BAM has been the home for adventurous artists, audiences, and ideas – engaging both global and local communities. With world-renowned programming in theater, dance, music, opera, film, and much more, BAM showcases the work of emerging artists and innovative modern masters.
IDNYC cardholders can receive BAM Level 1 benefits:
- Advance access to tickets for special screenings
- 50% off full-price movie tickets for 1 (Excludes BAMcinemaFest)
- $5 off BAMcinemaFest tickets for 1
Live Performance Benefits:
- Advance access to live performance tickets
- 50% off same day-day tickets (Limit two tickets. Subject to availability. Cannot be combined with other offers.)
- 20 – 30% off subscriptions, 5% more than the general public
- 50% off performance-related talks
- Invitation to Member Mingles
- 20% off Greenlight Bookstore (online too)
- 10% off BAMcafé and local dining partners
Brooklyn Botanic Garden
Founded in 1910, Brooklyn Botanic Garden (BBG) is an urban botanic garden that connects people to the world of plants, fostering delight and curiosity while inspiring an appreciation and sense of stewardship of the environment. Situated on 52 acres in the heart of Brooklyn, the Garden is home to over 14,000 kinds of plants and hosts more than 800,000 visitors annually.
BBG Individual Level Membership:
- Membership card for unlimited free admission for 1 (good for 1 year); children under age 12 are always free
- 2 single-time-use guest passes
- Admission for member plus 1 guest to all members-only summer events
- Admission for 1 to the Members’ Plant Sale Preview
- 10% discount at Garden Shop and Cafe
- Member discounts on adult classes, trips and tours
- Subscription to BBG’s newsletter.
- Library borrowing privileges
- Privileges at botanic gardens across the country
- A variety of the best merchant services for small business available collecting in one spot
- Discounts from participating local, national and online merchants
Brooklyn Children’s Museum
A pioneer in education, Brooklyn Children’s Museum was the first museum created expressly for children when it was founded in 1899. With award-winning, hands-on exhibits and innovative use of its collections, the Museum engages children from pre-school to high school in learning adventures. It is the only children’s museum in New York City, and one of few in the country, to be accredited by the American Association of Museums.
Municipal I.D. Cardholders Dual Membership:
- Benefits of Dual Membership include:
- Free general admission to the Museum for 1 adult & 1 child (listed on the card)
- Member express entry on weekends and school holidays
- Access to exclusive members-only events
- Discount on event tickets
- $5 admission fee for an additional guest per visit
- The Museum’s monthly e-newsletter
The Brooklyn Museum is one of the oldest and largest art museums in the United States. Its roots extend back to 1823 and the founding of the Brooklyn Apprentices’ Library to educate young tradesmen. At the Brooklyn Museum you can explore an extensive and comprehensive permanent collection that includes ancient Egyptian masterpieces, African art, European painting, decorative arts, period rooms, and contemporary art.
Brooklyn Museum Individual Membership Package:
- Personalized Membership card
- Unlimited free admission to the Museum
- Invitations to exhibition openings and Members-only viewing hours
- 10% savings at our award-winning Museum Shop
- Exclusive double-discount days
- 10% discount at Saul restaurant and bar
- 10% discount at The Counter café
- 10% discount on Group Tours
- Free and advance tickets to performances, talks, films, and concerts
- Free subscription to our quarterly BKM Member newsletter
- Free monthly Member e-newsletter
- Discount and early registration for Gallery/Studio Program classes for adults (quantities limited)
- Four complimentary parking passes (not valid on Target First Saturdays)
Prospect Park Zoo (ENROLLMENT IS ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE BRONX ZOO)
As a part of the Wildlife Conservation Society, access to the Prospect Park Zoo is included with the WCS IDNYC Membership.
Please refer to “Wildlife Conservation Society/Bronx Zoo” listing above for further information.
New York Aquarium (ENROLLMENT IS ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE BRONX ZOO)
As a part of the Wildlife Conservation Society, access to the New York Aquarium is included with the WCS IDNYC Membership.
Please refer to “Wildlife Conservation Society/Bronx Zoo” listing above for further information.
American Museum of Natural History
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world’s preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret, and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world, and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education, and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world’s cultures.
American Museum of Natural History– New York Membership Entails:
- Free unlimited general admission to the Museum (plus up to four additional visitors under the age of 18 when accompanied by NY Membership holder)
Individuals will receive unlimited complimentary general admission to the iconic 45 permanent halls of the Museum, which include:
- Biodiversity and Environmental Halls, Birds and Reptiles & Amphibians Halls, Earth and Planetary Sciences Halls, Fossil Halls, Human Origins and Cultural Halls, Mammal Halls, Rose Center for Earth and Space & the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial.
- Free admission to the LeFrak Theater
Individuals (and individuals accompanied by up to four children under the age of 18) will receive complimentary tickets for Giant Screen Films shown in the LeFrak Theater, which shows 3D films.
- A one-year subscription to Rotunda (members’ magazine): this quarterly magazine features behind-the-scenes stories about the Museum’s exhibitions and scientists. Members receive a printed copy of each issue in the mail.
- Notice of upcoming educational programming: throughout the year, the Museum’s scientific and educational staff conduct numerous scientifically-based educational programs for members and the public to attend. Members will receive advanced notice of these programs via email.
- Discounts in the Museum Shop
Individuals will receive a 10% discount on Museum Shop purchases.
- Discounts in the cafes and food court
Individuals will receive a 15% discount on Museum restaurant purchases.
- AMNH Membership Card
Individuals will receive an AMNH membership card that will allow them to receive priority service at the Members only ticketing desks.
Carnegie Hall presents more than 180 concerts each year—from orchestral performances, chamber music, recitals, and choral music to folk, world, musical theater, and jazz. The venue is also home to over 500 independently produced events each year. Through the work of The Weill Music Institute at Carnegie Hall, wide-reaching music education programs serve people in the New York City metropolitan region, across the United States, and around the world, playing a central role in Carnegie Hall’s commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible. Continually building on its long-standing tradition of excellence and innovation, Carnegie Hall remains one of the world’s premier concert venues.
Carnegie Hall’s “Friends” Membership:
- Four complimentary rehearsal passes
- Early access to the best seats available
- Half-price ticket offers on select Carnegie Hall presentations
- Invitations to cocktail parties, discussions, & member-appreciation events
- Subscription to C Notes benefit guide
- Keynotes monthly membership guide delivered by e-mail
- Discounts at nearby restaurants, parking, shops, hotels, and more with your Membership Card
Central Park Zoo (ENROLLMENT IS ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE BRONX ZOO)
As a part of the Wildlife Conservation Society, access to the Central Park Zoo is included with the WCS IDNYC Membership.
Please refer to “Wildlife Conservation Society/Bronx Zoo” listing above for further information.
El Museo del Barrio
El Museo del Barrio, New York’s leading Latino cultural institution, welcomes visitors of all backgrounds to discover the artistic landscape of Latino, Caribbean, and Latin American cultures. Their richness is represented in El Museo’s wide-ranging collections and exhibitions, complemented by film, literary, visual and performing arts series, cultural celebrations, and educational programs.
El Museo del Barrio AMIGO Membership Benefits:
- FREE gallery Admission for you and a guest
- Invitations to all exhibition openings
- Priority seating at select special performances
- 10% discount at La Tienda (museum shop)
- 10% discount in El Cafe
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc.
Lincoln Center was envisioned as a major performing arts center that would develop and present the finest and brightest in all types of performing arts to a diverse audience drawn from all walks of life. Lincoln Center serves three primary roles: world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, national leader in arts and education and community relations, and manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
Friends of Lincoln Center Membership Benefits:
- Access to presales for Lincoln Center Presents performances:
- American Songbook
- Great Performers
- Lincoln Center Festival
- Mostly Mozart Festival
- White Light Festival
- Discounts on Mostly Mozart Festival tickets
- Invitation for two to one Mostly Mozart Festival members-only rehearsal
- 50% discount on Lincoln Center tours (2 admissions)
- Subscriptions to the monthly Calendar of Events
- Subscription to the Inside Lincoln Center newsletter
- Discounts at select Lincoln Center neighborhood establishments
Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is one of the world’s largest and finest art museums. Its collections include more than two million works of art spanning 5,000 years of world culture, from prehistory to the present and from every part of the globe. The Metropolitan Museum of Art was founded in 1870 by a group of American citizens – businessmen and financiers as well as leading arists and thinkers of the day – who wanted to create a museum to bring art and art education to the American people.
Metropolitan Museum of Art Membership Benefits:
- All IDNYC holders age 18 or older are eliible for this free one-year Membership at The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Free admission for one to the Main Building and The Cloisters museum and gardens;
- Members-only emails with advance notice of exhibitions, programs, events, classes, and festivals;
- Special offers on select ticketed programs;
- Discount on Audio Guide rentals in nine languages; and,
- Complimentary guided tours of the collection in ten languages.
- A Membership card will be issued for each Member as a courtesy to gain free admission and the discount on audio guides.
- Entry will be extended to children under 18 with accompanied cardholder.
Museum of Jewish Heritage
Created as a living memorial to those who perished during the Holocaust, the Museum honors those who died by celebrating their lives—cherishing the traditions that they embraced, examining their achievements and faith, and affirming the vibrant worldwide Jewish community that is their legacy today. New generations are taught how to recognize and fight contemporary instances of injustice and oppression.
Museum of Jewish Heritage Membership Benefits:
- Free general admission to the Museum and special exhibitions
- Invitations to Members-only exhibition previews
- Invitations to exclusive Members-only events, tours, and lectures
- Free admission for two to select Museum public programs
- Discounted admission for most Museum programs
- 15% discount at the Pickman Museum Shop and invitation to the annual Members’ Hanukkah and Passover sales
- 10% discount at the Heritage Cafe
- Subscription to the Member e-newsletter
- Subscription to MJH News, the Museum newsletter
- 2 guest passes
Museum of the City of New York
The Museum of the City of New York celebrates and interprets the city, educating the public about its distinctive character, especially its heritage of diversity, opportunity, and perpetual transformation. Founded in 1923 as a private, nonprofit corporation, the Museum connects the past, present, and future of New York City. It serves the people of New York and visitors from around the world through exhibitions, school and public programs, publications, and collections.
Museum of the City of New York Municipal ID Individual Membership Package:
- Individual Membership for anyone with a New York City Municipal ID
- A membership card offering free unlimited yearly admission for one.
- Discounts on Public Programs, including lectures, performances, and walking tours.
- Subscription to the e-newsletter and e-calendar.
- 20% discount in the Museum Shop and 10% discount in Chalsty’s Cafe
New York City Ballet
New York City Ballet is one of the foremost dance companies in the world, with a roster of spectacular dancers and an unparalleled repertory. The Company was founded in 1948 by George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, and it quickly became world-renowned for its athletic and contemporary style. Jerome Robbins joined NYCB the following year and, with Balanchine, helped to build the astounding repertory and firmly establish the Company in New York.
New York City Ballet Membership Benefits:
- Admission for two to a total of four working rehearsals
- Admission for two to NYCB Seminars
- 15% discount at the Gift Shop
- Invitation for two to a private members-only reception
New York City Center
New York City Center, now in its 70th year, has played a defining role in the cultural life of the city since 1943. It was Manhattan’s first performing arts center, dedicated by Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia in 1943 with a mission to make the best in music, theater and dance accessible to all audiences. Today, City Center is home to many distinguished companies, including City Center’s Principal Dance Company, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, as well as Manhattan Theatre Club; a roster of renowned national and international visiting artists; and its own critically acclaimed and popular programs.
New York City Center Members Benefits:
- Presale opportunities on select events
- Access to the Membership Hotline – a dedicated telephone number for Member services
- City Center’s exclusive monthly newsletter
- A benefits card entitling the Member to special offers at more than 100 neighborhood sites, including local restaurants and parking
- 4 Passes to Dance/Other Rehearsals. Rehearsals have limited capacity and will be offered on a first-come, first served basis.
The Studio Museum in Harlem
The Studio Museum in Harlem is the nexus for artists of African descent locally, nationally and internationally and for work that has been inspired and influenced by black culture. It is a site for the dynamic exchange of ideas about art and society.
Studio Museum Membership Benefits:
- Unlimited general admission to the Studio Museum for one
- Special Members-only visitation hours
- Invitations to exhibition openings
- Invitations & e-mail reminders for upcoming events at the Studio Museum
- Subscription to the Museum e-newsletter
- Invitations to exclusive Member Shopping Days at the Museum Store
- Free or discounted tickets to education and public programs
- Annual recognition in Studio magazine’s online platform
The Public Theater
The Public Theater is the only theater in New York that produces Shakespeare, the classics, musicals, contemporary and experimental pieces in equal measure. The Public continues the work of its visionary founder, Joe Papp, by acting as an advocate for the theater as an essential cultural force, and leading and framing dialogue on some of the most important issues of our day.
Public Theater Membership Package:
- Discounted tickets: Members get one ticket at the special member price to each production during your year of membership. You’ll also get an additional ticket to each production for 15% off the full price.
- No service charges: We’ll waive handling fees and facility fees on all your orders**
- Save on food and drink: 20% discount on all food and drink in Joe’s Pub, The Library at The Public, and at the Lobby Bar
- Members are first to know when tickets go on sale. You’ll have the chance to buy tickets before the general public.
- Invites to other cool events: Receive priority notification for talkbacks and special events.
- Easy exchanges: Return your tickets to the box office at least 48 hours in advance of our scheduled performance and you may exchange the tickets for another available date. Members pay no exchange fee!
- Member hotline: You’ll be able to use our dedicated member-only phone line for information and ticket ordering.
Flushing Town Hall
Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts, located at historic Flushing Town Hall, was founded in 1979 to be a revitalizing force for its community, a catalyst for developing and promoting the visual and performing arts in Queens, and a bridge to promote intercultural understanding through the arts in the most culturally diverse county in the United States.
Flushing Town Hall Membership Benefits:
- Discounted Member prices for two on all FCCA ticketed performances and events
- 10% Gift Shop discounts
- Free admission to FCCA exhibitions, monthly Jazz Jams and interactive arts workshops
- Invitation to FCCA member-only events
- Access to Pre-show FCCA Members Lounge
- 1 FCCA Treat-a-Friend pass (redeemable for one drink or ticket)
Jamaica Center for Arts & Learning
Jamaica Center for Arts & Learning (JCAL) is a non-profit organization that offers visual, performing and literary arts, arts education and artists’ programs to encourage participation in the arts and to contribute to the cultural enrichment of Queens and the Greater Metropolitan area. The Jamaica Center for Arts & Learning is a multidisciplinary urban arts center located in the diverse community of Southeast Queens.
Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning Benefits Package:
- 30% discount on ticketing event
- Invitation to member-only special events
- Invitation to gallery opening reception
- Discount voucher for parking
- Be the first to know all the news!
MoMA PS1 is one of the oldest and largest nonprofit contemporary art institutions in the United States. An exhibition space rather than a collecting institution, MoMA PS1 devotes its energy and resources to displaying the most experimental art in the world. A catalyst and an advocate for new ideas, discourses, and trends in contemporary art, MoMA PS1 actively pursues emerging artists, new genres, and adventurous new work by recognized artists in an effort to support innovation in contemporary art.
MOMA P.S. 1 Membership Benefits:
- Unlimited free admission to MoMA PS1*
- Exhibition Opening invitations
- Special offers for select ticketed events
- Conversations with MoMA PS1 curators and artists
- Private receptions at MoMA PS1
- 10% discount at the M. Wells Dinette
- 10% discount at the ARTBOOK @ MoMA PS1 Book Store
*not including special ticketed events
Museum of the Moving Image
Museum of the Moving Image advances the understanding, enjoyment, and appreciation of the art, history, technique, and technology of film, television, and digital media by presenting exhibitions, education programs, significant moving-image works, and interpretive programs, and collecting and preserving moving-image related artifacts. The Museum maintains the nation’s largest and most comprehensive collection of artifacts relating to the art, history, and technology of the moving image—one of the most important collections of its kind in the world.
Museum of the Moving Image Individual Membership Benefits:
- Unlimited complimentary admission to the Museum’s galleries, excluding specially ticked exhibitions, for one person
- Weekly member e-newsletter
- Invitations to members-only exhibition openings
- 15% discount at the Moving Image Café and Store
- 10% parking discount
- Discounts and deals at neighborhood restaurants/businesses
New York Hall of Science
New York Hall of Science presents 450 exhibits, demonstrations, workshops and participatory activities that explain science, technology, engineering, and math. NYSCI was founded at the 1964–65 World’s Fair and has evolved into New York’s center for interactive science, serving a half million students, teachers, and families each year.
New York Hall of Science Family Pass Benefits:
- Admits 2 adults and 4 children for 1 year
- Free general admission
- Includes reciprocal admission at 300 other science centers worldwide
- 50% discount for parking
- Discounts: 3D Theater Presentations, Rocket Park Mini Golf, Science Shop, birthday parties, camps and clubs, plus much more.
Queens Botanical Garden
Queens Botanical Garden is an urban oasis where people, plants and cultures are celebrated through inspiring gardens, innovative educational programs and demonstrations of environmental stewardship.
Queens Botanical Garden Basic Membership Benefits:
- A membership card for 1 adult
- Free admission to the Garden
- Subscription to seasonal calendars
- Invitation to seasonal events such as Harvest Fest, Arbor Fest, & Winter Solstice
- Member Express Entry on event days
- Member discounts on select QBG workshops
- Two free admission passes for friends or family
The Queens Museum is dedicated to presenting the highest quality visual arts and educational programming for people in the New York metropolitan area, and particularly for the residents of Queens, a uniquely diverse, ethnic, cultural, and international community.
Queens Museum Family Membership Benefits:
- Free admission for 2 adults and up to 4 children
- 10% discount at Museum Shop and Cafe
- Invitations to special events and openings
- Discount on Queens Museum Summer Camp and other family events
Queens Theatre in the Park
Queens Theatre (QT) is the premier performing arts venue in Queens. QT’s mission is to provide quality and diverse performing arts activities that are economically and geographically accessible to the 2.2 million residents of Queens, the most ethnically diverse county in the nation, and the surrounding metropolitan region. To foster greater cultural awareness and appreciation, the Theatre presents and produces programs that reflect this diversity and features international, national and local artists.
Queens Theater in the Park Membership Benefits:
- Queens Theater in the Park Membership Benefits:
- Exclusive member pricing on all Queens Theatre shows (limit 2 tickets per production)
- Invitations to special Members-only events
- No-fee phone reservations
- Member prices for the Annual Gala
- Listing as a Queens Theatre member in production playbills, and on Queens Theatre’s website
Queens Zoo (ENROLLMENT IS ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE BRONX ZOO)
As a part of the Wildlife Conservation Society, access to the Queens Zoo is included with the WCS IDNYC Membership.
Please refer to “Wildlife Conservation Society/Bronx Zoo” listing above for further information.
Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden
Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden is the result of more than three decades of restoration and development to convert the first home for retired sailors in the United States to a regional arts center. It is a place where history, architecture, visual arts, theater, dance, music and environmental science come together to provide a dynamic experience for all ages. One of the largest, ongoing adaptive reuse projects in America Snug Harbor consists of 26 historic buildings, nine distinctive botanical gardens, a two-acre urban farm, and 10 acres of wetlands on a unique 83-acre, park-like campus.
Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden Individual Membership Benefits:
- Complimentary admission for one to Snug Harbor galleries (Newhouse Gallery and Main Hall/Building C Gallery)
- Complimentary admission for one to New York Chinese Scholar’s Garden
- Two complimentary guest passes when accompanied by the member
- Discounts on pre-scheduled tours and Snug Harbor materials
- Invitations to Snug Harbor special events for Members
- Complimentary subscription to online newsletter
Staten Island Children’s Museum
The Staten Island Children’s Museum, located on the grounds of Snug Harbor Cultural Center and Botanical Gardens in lovely downtown Staten Island, offers an almost 40,000 square foot facility, with nine exhibits, several classrooms, plus a four acre Meadow. The mission of the Staten Island Children’s Museum is to nurture the creativity and curiosity natural to all children, to recognize and celebrate different learning styles, and to demonstrate vividly that learning can be exciting and fun.
Staten Island Children’s Museum Membership Package:
- Free admission for 1 person per visit to Staten Island Children’s Museum.
- 10% discount in the Museum gift shop
- Member discounts on parties and summer mini-camp registrations
- Invitations to Member-Only Museum events
- Museum Highlights printed calendar mailed 3 times per year
NOTE: All children must be accompanied by an adult. Unaccompanied adults are not admitted to the Museum. Photo ID required for all members upon Museum entry.
Staten Island Historical Society and Historic Richmond Town
Historic Richmond Town is a completely authentic, real and original town and farm museum complex featuring unique treasures dating all the way back to the mid-1600s. The museum’s focus is to create opportunities for the public to explore the diversity of the American experience from the colonial period to the present.
Staten Island Historical Society Membership Benefits:
- Free Regular Admission to Historic Richmond Town.
- Complimentary Ticket to Decker Farm Pumpkin Picking, Old Home Day, and Independence Day Celebration.
- 10% Discount on Museum Store purchases.
- Staten Island Historian, a biannual journal published since 1938.
- Regular information updates and special offers.
Staten Island Museum
Founded in 1881, the Staten Island Museum, New York City’s only general interest museum, engages visitors with interdisciplinary exhibitions and educational programs that explore the dynamic connections between natural science, art and history based on its diverse collections. The Museum is dedicated to making its current and future collections broadly accessible for educators, students, researchers and the general public by providing authentic experiences in the field and at the Museum.
Staten Island Museum Membership Benefits
- Free Museum admission, year-round!
- 10% Discount in the Museum Store
- Special Member Discounts for Events and Programs
- Invitations to Special Events and Programs
- Subscription to the Museum’s e-blasts
Staten Island Zoo
The Staten Island Zoological Society was the first zoo in the country to specifically dedicate itself to fulfilling an educational mission. Through effective wildlife exhibitions, promotion of species conservation, educational programs and community outreach the Society has become a powerful instrument for influencing and informing the public about the beauty, value and vulnerability of nature.
Staten Island Zoo Membership Benefits:
- Free admission for one (1) person to the Staten Island Zoo for period of one year from the date the Municipal ID Card is issued.
- Invitations to “Members Only” programs.
- Invitations to Special Events.
- Sneak preview for new exhibits.
- Advance notice and discounts on special programs throughout the year.
- Inclusion in the Staten Island Zoo’s constant contact communications program, a regularly scheduled e-mail series.
- 10% discount on “Zoovenirs” at the Zoo Café and Gift Shop.
NOTE: All children must be accompanied by an adult.