Without the expertise and dedication of our all-volunteer team, Dance Parade would simply not happen. Aside from the continuous work done all year long to ensure the success of the event through sponsorship outreach and marketing, the actual planning and production of the event requires the help of many. Here are the many positions that need filling by people just like you. Will you ‘be the momentum’?
• Production Manager: maintains production timeline and tasks, coordinates committee members and volunteers, reports directly to Production Committee Chair Nikki Creary, helps with parade group outreach
• Production Coordinator for Registered Groups: responds to all inquiries from dance groups, follows up on parade group needs and is chief liaison between registered groups and the Production Committee. As chief liaison, Production Coordinator will also connect groups to appropriate Dance Parade members as required or requested, inducts/trains all new committee members as Dance Parade Liaisons.
• Parade Float/Audio Coordinator: coordinates the design and acquisition of parade floats, working with dance groups to realize their vision and communicates with float vendor. Insure floats have proper sound equipment and communicates proper adherence of sound guidelines and limitations.
• Vehicle Coordinator: secure Dance Parade vehicles as needed i.e. Grand Marshal presentation vehicles, day-of parade operation vans/cars, coordinate operational needs, insure parade groups w/vehicles adhere to vehicle guidelines, manage and distribute vehicle permits day-of parade.
• (NYDP) Dance Police Captain: chief coordinator of day-of parade volunteers, help to promote NYDP membership as a fun and playful way to volunteer, helps to fill any open positions/jobs/duties for day-of parade needs/requirements, actively solicits members to the NYDP.
• DP Liaison: ensures all new members of Production Committee are trained and assigned to a set number of dance groups for outreach, responsible for registration fulfilment and quotas, overall management of all groups up until and during parade festivities
Interested in any of these positions? Contact email@example.com and let her know today!
Get a head start and fill out the Volunteer Form or if you’re interested in positions other than Producion