Dance Parade launches its very first Kickstarter Campaign to help fund our Community Engagement Education Programs!
We at Dance Parade do more than produce the parade and festival–Through our Community Engagement Education Program we offer engaging dance curriculum to under-resourced communities. Beginning April 15th, we will offer five week-long Dance Residency Programs to Community Centers in Manhattan, Brooklyn and in Queens. Teaching artists are selected from dance groups already registered in the 2013 parade and each of the five groups complete their experience with the honor of leading off the parade on May 18th!
We have set up a brand new Kickstarter campaign with a very modest goal of $3000 to cover compensation to teaching artists, teaching materials and costumes for kids to wear in the parade. Pledges of $25 and above are rewarded with a general admission ticket to our International Dance Day Gala at Dixon Place on April 28th. Include a Unity Through Dance T-Shirt with that at $35 or be able to choose and sponsor a Dance Group in the Parade. Please take a few minutes to watch our campaign video below and support this program by contributing and/or sharing it with your circles out there in the social media universe. Thanks so much!
Help support Dance Residency programs in NYC–Kids learn dance and join their teaching artists in Dance Parade on May 18th!
Dance Parade, Inc. is a 501(c) non-profit organization. Through our Community Engagement Education Program, we seek to provide under-resourced NYC communities a total of five dance residency programs over the course of five weeks beginning April 15th through May 18th. Youth aged 8 to 14 will be offered the chance to learn different styles of dance, be exposed to various cultures and disciplines and finally join their teachers in the 7th Annual Dance Parade on May 18th on Broadway.
We are pleased to announce that one of our five program participants will be PS43, The Far Rockaway Middle School who will receive an African Dance program–After this community has suffered severe trauma from Hurricane Sandy, we are grateful to allow our residency program the opportunity to uplift their spirits as they lead off this year’s Dance Parade on May 18th!
90% of all funds raised will go to directly to the Teaching Artists from our Community Engagement Program. The other 10% will cover teaching materials and costumes for youth to be worn in the parade. Our teaching artists are selected based on their experience in education, knowledge of culture and inspirational qualities to address youth in challenged populations.
Pledges of $25 and higher will be rewarded with a ticket to experience a “Taste of Dance Parade 2013” at our International Dance Day Gala, celebrated on Sunday, April 28th from 6 to 9pm at Dixon Place. Please join us in our support of some amazing teaching artists as well as some deserving kids!