Dance Parade New York’s 2014 theme is
“BE the MOMENTUM” — And YOU can help create memories that can last a lifetime.
For the past 7 years, Dance Parade New York has become the world’s largest event to ceelbrate the diversity of dance. On May 17th 2014, over 10,000 dancers will come together to celebrate more than 75 styles of dance and culture!
Check out our Indiegogo Campaign video featuring 2014 Grand Marshals Savion Glover and Jawole Will Jo Zollar!
Dance Parade boogies down Broadway in the heart of Manhattan, sashays through Union Square and leaps across Saint Marks Place. YOU will enable never seen before dance and choreography that highlight the human experience–Everything from Ballet to Breakdance, Two-step to Dub-Step and African to Zydeco–all in dazzling outfits, with live bands, djs and decorated floats.
The parade culminates in Tompkins Square Park where DanceFest kicks off unforgettable performances on four stages–with dance lessons, roaming performers and an epic dance party–all FREE to the public.
All participants in our Community Engagement Programs have the unique opportunity to dance alongside their teaching artists in the Parade and Festival!
Although our entire budget exceeds $100,000, this BE THE MOMENTUM Campaign seeks $25,000.
$9,000 will be allocated towards the Marketing, Publicity and Production of the Dance Parade. We will provide sound and parade floats for our Grand Marshals.
Another $8,000 will cover critical insurance and production expenses for DanceFest on 4 stages in Tompkins Square Park.
A final $8,000 will go towards paying 12 teaching artists to bring dance to Schools, Community and Senior Centers in under resourced communities.
The remainder of our budget is secured through grants, event sponsorship and our Annual Dance Parade Showcase scheduled for March 30 2014.
What You Can Get
To show our gratitude, we’ve come up with some great perks to have you remember our 8th Annual Dance Parade: T-shirts, a Photo Album of the Parade, Tote Bags, Magnets, and more!
- Ladies or Mens T-Shirt with 8th Annual Dance Parade on back
- Be credited in our 2014 Coffee Table Album
- Gift Bag with lots of Memorabilia
- An opportunity to provide scholarships to emerging dance groups across New York City’s five boroughs for parade registration.
- Thank Yous including dance lessons, dinners with celebrities, social media and website accolades and a custom choreography.
- Major marketing assets including parade floats, festival display booths and street banners to promote your company’s branding and advertising.
- Dream big and design your own Float!
Your support will help emerging dance groups reach broad audiences.
Our Community Engagement programs will employ teaching artists to bring dance to deserving schools, community and senior centers throughout New York City’s 5 boroughs.
Come May 17th, the city will light up with color and culture. The general public will see never seen-before dance styles and be able to participate in the FREE Dance Parade and DanceFest.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute and that’s okay!
- Please spread the word and make some noise about your campaign.
- Use the Indiegogo share tools and post on your friends’ walls.
- Join our planning team by registering as a volunteer here
Dance Parade, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit. Some donations are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law. For more information call us at 267-350-9213. Thank You